Classic Touring Series II
‘The new series II PS Classic Touring has been created for the discerning owner who seeks the authentic timeless style of the 911 from this period but requires a car for daily use.’
The 911 2.2 and 2.4 models from 1970- 1973 are probably the prettiest cars Porsche made and the `S` variant being particularly desirable with its higher performance engine. Iconic status was sealed when Steve McQueen used his road car for the opening scene of the film Le Mans in 1971.
The new exterior and interior of the Classic Touring series II faithfully captures the appearance of these 2.2 and 2.4 litre cars from the early 70’s whilst the rebuilt and uprated mechanicals provide a reliable and enhanced driving experience for the requirement of today’s motoring.
Fully rebuilt with a galvanised body, the Classic Touring is available in Coupe or Targa configuration and is a practical car that can be used 365 days a year with minimal preventative maintenance.
With 12,000 mile service intervals and the ability to run on unleaded fuel, it is equally comfortable as a weekday working car as it is a weekend treat.
Available with either a 3.2 as a standard Classic or 3.4 litre engine as an` S`, the Coupe comes with an electric sunroof as standard, whilst the Targa has a removable roof panel for the real open air experience. Brisk performance and sure footed handling ensure you can still out perform most modern cars with ease, whilst the beautiful styling and traditional interior never let you forget you are driving something very special.
Digital Motor Electronic DME (Motronic 2) engine management with Bosch LE fuel injection
Classic Touring S:
Paul Stephens throttle bodies with direct fuel injection and integrated management system and high profile camshafts
Classic Touring Power Output
3.2 litre: 235BHP
3.4 litre: 250BHP
Classic Touring S Power Output
3.2 litre: 260BHP
3.4 litre: 290BHP
Classic Touring 3.2:
0-60mph in 5.9 seconds; top Speed 152mph
Classic Touring 3.2S:
0-60mph in 5.5 seconds; top Speed 160mph
Classic Touring 3.4:
0-60mph in 5.7 seconds; top speed 156mph
Classic Touring 3.4S:
0-60mph in 5.2 seconds; top speed 162mph
Wheels and tyres:
All models front: 6J x 16 with 195-65-VR15 tyres
All models rear: 6J x 16 with 215-60-VR15 tyres
7 x 16 wheels with 205/50 and 225-50-VR16 tyres
Rack and Pinion
All models – electric power steering.
Front and rear torsion bars with 22mm anti roll bar front and 21mm roll bar rear Bilstein Nurburgring dampers
KW3 full adjustable dampers
- 3.2 Litres: Type 915 5 speed with single dry plate disc clutch.
- 3.4 Litres: Getrag G50 5 speed with hydraulic clutch.
Limited slip differential:
Standard on 3.2/3.4S optional on Classic Touring.
Hydraulic duel circuit brake system with servo.
Ventilated discs (282.5mm front and 290mm rear|) with two pot callipers.
Classic Touring S:
As above with 4 piston modern Porsche callipers all round.
All models – ABS braking system.
- Re-trimmed with basket weave door cards and dashboard inserts. Recaro style seats trimmed in leather with basket weave, houndstooth or corduroy inserts, Paul Stephens Design 370mm steering wheel finished in anodised aluminium.
- Period appearance dials, gear knob and switchgear.
- Matching Paul Stephens Design personal luggage.
Paul Stephens bespoke interior including electrically adjustable period style sports seats, full leather interior including headlining, black anodised machined aluminium switches, door handles and Paul Stephens Design 370mm steering wheel finished in black anodised aluminium, personal heating and ventilation system with air conditioning.
Audio and coms package:
- Pop-up control unit adaptable for clients current smart phone or integrated system with Apple car play.
- Integrated speakers and amplifier.
Option all models:
- Later 80’s style interior featuring improved ventilation.
- Front and rear torsion bars with 22mm anti-roll bar front and 21mm roll bar rear.
- Mechanical 3 years or 60,000 miles.
- Bodyshell 6 years anti corrosion warranty (UK only).